Monday, June 3, 2013


Hello everyone! I apologize that it's been a while since my last post. I've been rather busy with summer fun and some photo shoots. I recently shot a gorgeous Columbus wedding that I'm hoping to share with you soon!

Tonight, I thought I'd share with you guys one of my absolute favorite go-to recipes. It's vegetarian & vegan and nice and healthy - not to mention delicious even for a meat eater! (I have references if you don't believe me.) 

The original version of the recipe for this came from Colorado Vegan's blog (a pinterest find). Click here if you'd like to check that out!  

All you will need for this is:

Fresh or frozen green beans
Extra firm tofu
Tamari or Soy Sauce
Lime Juice
Black Pepper
Brown Sugar
Shallots (Optional)


1. Cut up tofu to desired size and shape.
2. Drain and squeeze out as much moisture as you can using paper towels.
3. Marinade tofu slices in desired sauce. I used a store bought tariyaki sauce, but anything in an Asian flavor will work. 
4. Place tofu on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, flipping once. (This isn't necessary, but I love the texture of baked tofu. If you don't have time for this, proceed to step 5).


5. Don't forget to snack on some edamame beans while you're waiting for your tofu!



6. Create your stir fry sauce by combining tamari sauce, black pepper, and lime juice.
7. Once tofu is done, fry over an oiled pan over medium heat. Remember to get both sides until they just start to brown slightly.
8. Lower heat a bit and add some of your tamari based sauce.
9. Add brown sugar, spoonfuls at a time, to your pan. Allow this to caramelize in the sauce and on the tofu.
10. Add cooked green beans to the pan (I used a microwave steamer bag as it saves time) and mix until everything is warm and coated.

Enjoy! I served mine with some brown rice and quinoa, but it would work equally as well with noodles or on its own.


Let me know if any of you guys try out this recipe, or have any of your own that you have shared recently! I hope everyone is having a lovely June!

No comments:

Post a Comment