Tuesday, April 16, 2013

read, watch, play

So, I'm hoping to make this a semi-regular occurrence on the blog (maybe once a month or so along with monthly favorites). The title is pretty self explanatory, so let's get into it!


THE FAULT IN OUR STARS 
by john green


The Fault In Our Stars is a young adult fiction by author John Green. You may know him from the youtube channel, vlogbrothers. I had heard great things about this book for a while now, and finally decided to read it when I recently acquired a Nook and was looking for something to start off with. Best decision ever. It's such an honest story about life as a teenager, young love, cancer, and death.

There were multiple times throughout the book where I was both laughing and crying - something I rarely find myself doing. I felt so immersed in this book and felt so connected to the main character, Hazel - it was truly refreshing to be swept away into a different world (and a different perspective) for awhile. After I finished the last page, I found myself in a melancholy state of mind. I think John Green put it best in one of his videos. It's a quote I find myself thinking a lot about these days.



DAILY GRACE 


If you are unfamiliar with the youtube channel Daily Grace, then number one - shame on you, and number two - you now know and you're welcome. Grace vlogs everyday, five days a week, and five days a week, I anxiously wait for her video to go up. My day is not complete until I watch her channel. I love her humor and lighthearted sarcasm, it just gets me through the less than enjoyable days. I suggest you make her channel a part of your life - you won't regret it. *ding!*


TINY TOWER


So, I'm not necessarily someone who plays games a lot, but I do like to have one or two fun and easy apps on my iPhone to play when I'm in between class or on a roadtrip. Tiny Tower is my current addiction. It's an easy, passive game where you essentially build a tower with different shops, apartments, or recreation floors. You build your population of "bitizens" to work in your places and make money to continue to build and populate. It's a pretty simple concept that reminds me of a mix between tiny tower and tomagatchi (remember tomagatchis!?). It's a free app for the iPhone and android - so check it out if you're bored!



*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies, publishers, or persons. These are my personal opinions and recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. I read The Fault in our Stars recently, wrote about it on my blog too. I cried my eyes out for the last three chapters! So brilliant but so sad.

    http://nataliewrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete